Mi Drop for PC is a file transfer application that was developed by Xiaomi for sharing files easily between devices. It is an ad-free peer to peer file transfer tool that works without connecting to the internet. It helps you to quickly share images, videos, music, apps, and files between mobile devices anytime and anywhere you want. All files are sorted into categories like music, apps, images, etc. so you can easily find the files to send. This app allows you to resume the file transfer if it is interrupted for any reason instead of starting it again.
You can easily install Mi drop on any android devices from the play store. If you want to transfer files between Android and Windows via Mi Drop, then this post is created for you only. Here, we will explain the step by step procedure to transfer files from Android and Windows PC and vice versa through Mi Drop.
Related: Wi-Fi File Transfer for PC.
Features of Mi Drop for PC:
- Mi drop has a simple, clean, and user-friendly transfer file interface.
- This app allows you to sort out every file to the category.
- You can transfer any files like music, images, videos, applications, documents, or any other file without regarding its file size.
- It works as fast as other such applications.
- You don’t need any internet connection to transfer files, this app works effortlessly without Wi-Fi and mobile data.
- You can transfer big files without any hassle.
How to use Mi Drop on your PC to transfer files between Android and PC
Step 1: First install Mi Drop on your Android mobile:
- To use Mi Drop on your PC, first, you need to install the Mi Drop app on your smartphone. If you are using the Xiaomi device which runs MIUI 9+, then you have not to separately install the app, it was pre-installed in it. If you are using another company smartphone except for Xiaomi, you can install Mi Drop application from the Google Play store.
Step 2: Connect your PC and Android device with same Wi-Fi network:
- First, create the Wi-Fi hotspot on your Android phone and then connect your PC to that Wi-Fi network. You must do this step, then only you will be able to transfer files between Android and PC.
Step 3: Open Mi Drop on Android phone:
- Now open the mi drop application on your Android phone and click on the three-dot icon at the top right side corner of the screen. After clicking on the icon, it will give several options to choose from. From the given options, you have to click on the ‘connect to computer’ option.
Step 4: Get the FTP address:
- Once you tap on that option, it will take you to a new interface that shows your Wi-Fi status. As we saw in
- you have to connect your Mobile and PC to the same network. If you have connected both devices perfectly then it will show you connected. After that, you have to click on the start button at the bottom and it will ask you to choose storage option from internal or micro SD storage. Tap on your preferred store. After choosing, you will get an FTP address at the bottom of the screen.
Step 5: Enter the FTP address on PC:
- Now, you have to enter that FTP address on your PC. For that, simply open the Windows Explorer on your PC, and then enter or type the same FTP address in the address bar of the Windows explorer. Press enter.
Step 6: Copy the file which you want :
- After entering the FTP address on PC, you will see all of your mobile folders on your PC. Now, you can copy, cut, and move the files between your Android phone and PC. Once you are done, click on the stop button at the bottom of the app.
Set Password for secure files transfer:
You can add a password to secure your FTP connection. To set the password, click on the Settings icon on the Connect to the computer screen and turn off the ‘Sign in anonymously’ option. Once you turn off that option, you can notice that the Sign-in option under the Sign-in anonymous option will turn black. Click on that option. Now, enter the username and password as your wish. Click on the ‘Ok’ to save the credentials. Once you have set up your profile, you have to enter the correct username and password which set, whenever you want to connect your Android device to PC.
Alternatives to Mi Drop for PC:
Although Mi drop is the best option for transferring files between devices, some people look for alternatives. Here, I have listed some best alternatives to Mi drop for PC.
SHAREit is the best alternatives to Mi Drop which allows you to use this application in all sorts of devices like smartphones, tablets, computers, and more. So it has no platform barrier, as it can work on all devices if the app is enabled on the device. SHAREit is working through the direct connection of Wi-Fi, then you can able to transfer all sorts of files and documents like images, videos, apps, etc from one device to another without need to connect the device to the internet connection.
Xender supports cross-platform as like SHAREit. It uses a wireless way to transfer your data between two devices. Not just two, this app can share files among 4 devices at one time. It allows users to preview or delete photos directly. Xender does not put any restrictions on file size, so you can easily transfer large files such as movies. Xender is available for free from app stores. The only disadvantage of Xender is that it is ad-supported. But they are not disruptive and do not appear too often.
Zapya is another best alternative to Mi drop. Similar to Mi Drop, it is a peer to peer file sharing app. The app enables users to transfer and share files without using the internet, by creating a Wi-Fi hotspot to which other devices can connect. You can use it on iOS, Mac, Android, and Windows PC. In Zapya, you are allowed to make communities by using local networks to transfer files like photos, videos, music, apps, etc. Phone replicate a feature of zapya lets you to backup and transfer files from an old device to a new one.
Mi Drop is a useful tool for those who want to transfer lots of files. You can also use this app to transfer files between android devices. Other than following the above-mentioned procedure to transfer files between Android and Windows, you can also use an Android emulator, if you want to install this app on your PC. We have also given the alternatives to Mi Drop, you may choose any option from the list if you are not comfortable with Mi drop for any reason.